Dr Pam Serra, senior lecturer at the Department of Marketing, Supply Chain and Sport Management.
More than 30 representatives from leading universities and research institutes and over 20 different organisations came together from 14 different countries across four continents to promote greater international collaboration between universities and the broader sports stakeholder landscape.
"I am very honoured and humbled to be part of such a ground breaking initiative in the world of sport. Looking forward to being part of a prestigious and fundamental network such as the Sport Integrity Global Alliance in promoting and spearheading the principle of sport integrity. #SIGA #TUT #MSS,” says Dr Serra.
During the launch the purpose of the Network was set out while SIGA’s various thought leadership initiatives in the field of Sport Integrity were also outlined, including:
- SIGA Universal Standards
- SIGA Independent Rating and Verification System (SIRVS)
- The White Paper on Sport Integrity
- The UNESCO-SIGA Business Case for Sport Integrity
- A Legal Analysis on the Criminalisation of Corruption in Sport and;
- The 2020-2021 Global Agenda on Female Empowerment and Leadership in Sport
To read the full story, please visit https://siga-sport.com/press-releases/siga-kicks-off-university-network-around-the-globe/