Research Support | Postgraduate Support | Statistical Support | Innovation Support | CITSIs Support | RnI Reports & Newsletter
The aim of the service is to contribute to the maintenance of high standards of published research at the institution. In other words, it aims at maintaining the high quality of quantitative research at TUT and improving the statistical skills of researchers. We offer statistical advice and support to staff and postgraduate students.
Our objectives are to:
- provide statistical, methodological and data-capturing support;
- offer collaborative support and input into the design of the protocol, questionnaire or data-capturing design, statistical analysis,
statistical reporting and statistical review of reports and manuscripts;
- ensure the capturing of data of a good quality in various forms (databases);
- assist with hypotheses, power analysis, sample size justification and statistics coaching; and
- ensure the career development of the Statistical Support Services’ statisticians, as it is important that they are offered authorship for their consultancy work where appropriate, and as a statistician author normally adds value to a paper by demonstrating its firm statistical basis.
|Head of Statistical Support
Mr Maupi Letsoalo
Tel: (+27) 12 382 6378
|Assistant Statistical Analyst |
Ms Princess Ramokolo
Tel: (+27) 12 382 6119